Mine is an offensive power-up that creates a stationary explosive sphere which detonates when a car hits it. It does a large amount of damage, spinning out and quickly slowing down a vehicle. When fired forward, the mine is launched at extremely high speeds. If no car is hit, after a certain distance, it will become stationary like a regular mine.
Players can be hit by their own mines.
Modifications[edit | edit source]
|Master-Mine||Near-miss Mines to detonate them into Explosive Fragments||30||1|
|Showy Flourish||Gain extra Fans for each power-up impact.||3||1|
|Bribe||Gives you a random power-up at the start of races and each time you are Wrecked.||3||3|
Tips[edit | edit source]
- You can use Mines placed in front of powerups to deter players from getting to them.
- Placing mines behind power-up icons is also very effective, because they conceal mines quite well.
- Anywhere on tight path of a track is a good spot for a mine.
- Mines are especially effective when placed between the three domes in a Shock powerup, which players are often forced to go between.
- To avoid hitting your own mines, fire them forward into paths you don't usually use.
- Place mines at difficult turns where players have less control of their vehicle. Players usually hit the edge of turns.
- At higher skill levels, place Mines at the apex of corners, to force opponents to take longer, slower lines.